It’s been a while since I posted an change regarding my journey to South Korea, I’m undecided as to why…maybe, though it’s merely weeks away it doesn’t pretty seem precise? That’s most probably it. Nonetheless now? It’s formally, proper now, three weeks away.
Queue panic? Maybe that’s why I didn’t level out it! Rather a lot to do and now, really so little time! Happily, as a result of the ultimate time we talked, we’ve nailed down so many further particulars. Proper right here’s what #SouthKorea2019 seems to be like like!
Chilly? Attempting to work out the exact packing as 40-50 at sea diploma might be very fully completely different from 40-50 Denver who sits primarily subsequent door to the photo voltaic. My common packing mannequin is pack each little factor, regret later, nevertheless, I’m guessing that’s not super wise internationally. I can snort at my silly packing a skirt that I certainly not placed on that matches nothing to a weekend to LA, nevertheless dragging that sucker all through the ocean? Not this time, Satan. To not level out, each little factor I convey with me means a lot much less room for stuff I want to convey once more.
Inside the last put up, I talked how we now have been doing each week in Seoul and each week in Busan. Successfully… that type of stayed the similar. As quickly as all of us acquired collectively to hash it out, we realized schedule-wise, it made further sense for us to do Busan first. Then working our methodology by way of AirB&B, we chosen to not hold correct subsequent to the industrial fish market of our fist apartment choice, nevertheless instead head to the seashore and a hold in Haeundae.
You already know what that makes me take into account every time I say that?
Each methodology? Kfan Chills!
Which suggests, we’re going to complete our week in Seoul, or further significantly Hongdae. Hongdae? WOOT-WOOT! There have been quite a few areas to pick out from, nevertheless all of us nearly unanimously went for Hongdae. Hip, cool, each little factor we want to need we might very nicely be. Plus, it’s pretty centrally positioned. (Who am I kidding? It’s really the coolness subject.)
Now to what’s on the plate for us to do! How did we choose? All of us bought right here up with our private need lists musts and would love tos, sat down and hashed it out. Surprisingly? There have been quite a few crossovers. As soon as I used to be going by way of and creating my itemizing my little coronary coronary heart would go It’s good nevertheless I’m guessing I’m going to be the one one who would want to do that, nevertheless time and time as soon as extra? Any individual would pipe up and say ‘me too!’ or would convey it up sooner than me. (Notably with Ms. Former Roommate Alix)
I assume there’s a motive we’re mates!
The plus side of doing points in a bunch of 4? We don’t have to all be doing points collectively regularly. Some points we’ll be doing in a bunch, some points we’ll be pairing off and usually…. Guys, that’s actually pretty huge for me. As soon as we now have been first planning the journey or shifting into the nitty-gritty of planning the journey, I had a priority of being away from the group. How will I get spherical? How will I understand or work along with anyone? Will my journey insurance coverage protection cowl me if I get misplaced and end up in North Korea??? Nonetheless, then I sat down and had a stern talking to myself. I can try this. I am a mature, usually diploma headed grownup who, whereas certain, is inclined to emphasize and nervousness amped by a very sturdy creativeness, nevertheless I can try this. So, on the day the ladies are taking a tour I was ‘eh’ about, I’ve decided to strike out on my own. Need Me Successfully.
So what are we doing you ask? Whereas not each little factor is about in stone, I believed I’d share with you the itemizing I dropped on the desk and I can change you from there:
- Eat current seafood at Jagalchi Fish Market – heck yeah we’re doing this!
- Japanese Ruins of BusanThe 400-year-old stays of the samurai invasion of Korea. – This didn’t make the group itemizing, nevertheless, I really feel I’m going to attempt to do it on my solo day!
- Go to the Boseong Tea Fields – sadly, this was cut back from the itemizing. Surprisingly this was pretty extreme on everyone’s itemizing, nevertheless being 4 hours by public transportation from the place we’re staying, it wasn’t really wise to attempt it.
- Yonggungsa Seaside Temple – this was on every my and Alix’s lists, so I’m pretty optimistic we’re going to aim it!
- Gyeongju – one different one extreme on everyone’s itemizing and we’ve decided to take a private tour with an space!
- Bosu-dong Bookstore Alley – As a e-book lover, this fully made my itemizing, nevertheless not super extreme on it. I actually like bookstores and a avenue filled with them (significantly as soon as I think about they filmed a Working Man there) they is perhaps Korean books so not as related to me. So if I see it I see it, if not, that’s okay too. (To not level on the market’s one different e-book lovers paradise creating as a ought to for everyone in Seoul.)
- Gamcheon Custom Village – this was one different one I positioned on my itemizing contemplating it might be merely me who wanted to go…appears? Yep, it was on Alix’s itemizing too! I think about we agreed to all try this one as a result of it seems to be like pretty great.
- Eat seafood until we drop. Whereas this isn’t on the exact schedule, I’m fairly certain it’s a given. Did we go to Busan for this? No. Is it a cheerful side journey? Presumably. (Okay, maybe the seafood had one factor to do with our alternative…)
This will, in any case, be topped off by the first on my itemizing of points to do in Korea. (Not kidding it was #1 with a bullet… take a Apply To Busan. HAHAHAHHA. It’s an element, don’t make pleasant.)
So then we’re off to Hongdae! Whereas Leila is scouring the entire boards in an effort to go looking out out who’s prone to be performing an exact stay efficiency whereas we’re there (not a ton of luck thus far), considered one of many causes we flipped our weeks spherical so we is perhaps able to try to get tickets for an MNET Countdown recording. Tickets for that must hopefully go on shortly, so fingers crossed!
Listed beneath are a couple of of the problems that made my Seoul itemizing.
- Hwaseong Fortress – It’s a 5 and a half kilometer wall, one factor tells me we’re going to see it.
- Seoul’s palaces – Changdeokgung Palace and Gyeongbukgung – As this is not Sara and Alix’s first attempt at Korea, they’ve seen the palaces and historic construction, so it’s Leila and I who’re going to march into the land of Saeguks. (Though hopefully not march in ala Splash Splash Love, I can’t take into consideration we’d make it very far.) I’m pretty keen about this, significantly after coming off of Kingdom.
- Jogyesa Temple – this might fall beneath Leila’s and my ‘outdated stuff’ day. Discover to self, map areas out.
Yongma Land Abandoned Theme Park – I think about this may in all probability be my and SaraG’s date spot. Attempting on the pictures I’m pretty excited to see this, I really feel it’s going to be quite a few pleasant.
- Bukchon Hanok Village – I think about Alix was merely saying the alternative day that she’d want to go see this and I believed…wait… that sounds acquainted! So Alix? Is that this what you could have been talking about? Is it a date?
Korean Folks Village – whereas that’s on my itemizing I’m undecided this made it on mine and Leila’s ‘hunt for outdated stuff’ tour. I’m contemplating we would have to extend our day to get all of this stuff in!
Ihwa Mural Village – We undoubtedly talked about this! I really feel we’re going to do it, or at least it’s extreme on the ought to do’s. Can you title the drams which had been proper right here?
Eat until we drop if we’re nonetheless alive from all of the Busan seafood and if I managed to make it once more from my solo wanderings. I want to do each little factor, the small areas, the weird Korean pizza, consuming in a sort of tents.
Kpop Alley – No kfan journey is full and never utilizing a trek to the birthplaces of kpop. We positively plan on doing our share of Idol Watching.
Procuring! Yep, we’re all making lists, we’re all checking them twice, we’re all bringing an extra bag for the stuff we plan on carting residence!
Meeting mates! Or good buddy. Lisa, for the time being of Hancinema, beforehand of Colorado, presently of South Korea, considered one of many people I was most excited to fulfill up with on panels at Kcon and chill inside the inexperienced room with? Yep, we’re fully going to hold round!
There are all varieties of points I want to see, to experience whereas I’m there. I want to see the entire sights, I want to eat the entire meals, I want to immerse myself in each little factor, massive and small. I want to take my put together to Busan and I want to uncover a espresso retailer to place in writing for a while. Whereas we now have now a lot deliberate, we’re sustaining points open, fluid. So we are going to do all of this stuff that made it to our lists and however nonetheless have room for all these random moments we couldn’t even dream existed until they’ve been plopped in entrance of us. Sooner than, I was really nervous, nevertheless now? As I’m going by way of our lists and take into account the possibilities? I’m actually really excited!
And don’t concern, the ladies of KChat will not be going to miss about proper right here, we’re all busily prewriting Musical Mondays Throwback Thursdays, Khotties, correct now SaraG is educating an ATEEZ Kpop School, so we’ll have these, plus we’ll have some pre-recorded podcasts for you!